[Jonathan
Trupp]
In my humble opinion, I would think that one arrives to Suicidio a
little unsure about himself. It is not my case, of course, but I am an
exception, an anomaly amid the load of suicides bound to Suicidio. After all I
am not going to Suicidio for the obvious reasons, but simply as a spectator, to
measure its distances and profundities, to gather testimonies of the locals,
and finally to synopsize the reasons, needs and arguments that can explain the
existence and perpetuation of Suicidio. One dreams about eventually turning all
such material into a book, a sociological masterpiece, most likely to be
published by the University of California Press, although in any case a decent commentary
or brief communication in the Southern California Journal of Sociology should
make the whole expedition worthwhile.
My name is Jonathan Trupp. Family members call me John and a couple of
friends outside academia Johnny, but at the university all of my professors and
colleagues call me Jonathan. No exceptions. I think I would take it as an
insult if they did otherwise along the corridors, classrooms or auditoriums of
my ill-lit but acclaimed university.
No comments:
Post a Comment